At the Centre for Sustainability Management (CSM), Faculty of Sustainability Sciences, Leuphana University of Lüneburg, Germany, we are seeking candidates for the following post:
1 PhD Research Assistant (75%) OR PostDoc (100%)
“Open Innovation & Sustainability in the Mobile Phone Industry”
Applications close: 15. August 2015
The CSM is a leading research, teaching and transfer institution in the context of sustainability management and innovation and has about 25 employees. The university has been on an ambitious and widely recognised transformation process towards a sustainable university for more than a decade.
The position is part of an integrated research project funded by the Volkswagen Foundation and the State of Lower Saxony, Germany (“Niedersachsen Vorab”) on the topic of “Sustainable consumption of ICT: dialogue and transformation through open innovation”. The successful candidate will be responsible for a work package dealing with the analysis of collaborative innovation approaches for sustainable products and services in the mobile phone sector, particularly from an integrated product development perspective (e.g. eco, social or modularised phone design and related services). The work package is supervised by Prof. Erik G. Hansen (close collaboration with the 2nd work package, supervised by Prof. Stefan Schaltegger).
- Literature and desk-research on collaborative/open sustainability innovation and design methods
- Conducting qualitative case studies on entrepreneurial sustainability initiatives in the mobile phone industry (specific cases are planned in the Netherlands and Germany)
- Local collaboration with a second PhD at the CSM and collaboration with partner institutions
- Conducting workshops with companies and societal stakeholders
- Presentation at international research conferences
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Project reporting and administration
- Master’s Degree in Innovation and Technology Management, Sustainability Management, Business Administration or related field
- Industry experience (e.g. internship)
- Dedication to contribute to sustainability-oriented transformation of industries and societies
- Conversational skills in English and German (Dutch of advantage)
Interviews will likely take place on 27th August with employment starting on 1st October 2015. For any questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Erik Hansen (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please send your electronic CV and related certificates to Ms. Muehl-Beulke (email@example.com, subject “NIKT-CSM”), HR Service, Leuphana University of Lüneburg.